A Transforming Thought...

I teeter between feeling low about myself and full of myself.  One minute I’m feeling worthless, invisible, useless, and the next I might wonder why everyone else around me is so ignorant. Self-pity vs. self-righteousness. I hate feeling either one. It’s hard to love others when I am busy thinking about myself – either my self not measuring up or others not measuring up.
The answer to low self-esteem is not high self-esteem. It’s no self-esteem. No estimation of self. Jesus said, “…whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.” (Matthew 10:39b) -- quoted from James MacDonald in Lord Change Me, page 28
So how do I lose my self-consciousness?  I must lose my self.  I’m still trying to figure out specifically what this looks like in practice...

No comments:

Post a Comment