My Top 5 Favorite Reasons







At this very moment, here are my top five favorite reasons
why Jesus Christ suffered and died:


1.     To show that the worst evil is meant by God for good.
2.     To take away our condemnation.
3.     To enable us to live for Christ and not ourselves.
4.     To show the wealth of God's love and grace for sinners.
5.     To free us from bondage and fear of death.

As I contemplate the depth of the meaning of the cross and reflect on its significance in my life, I am certain my top five will change! For 45 other reasons, check out John Piper's book The Passion of Jesus Christ: 50 Reasons Why He Came to Die.  (Read it for free at: http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/online-books/fifty-reasons-why-jesus-came-to-die). 

1 comment:

  1. I'm not quite sure that I fully understand why you placed those 5 reasons in that order.
    RE: #1 >" To show that the worst evil is meant by God for good." ---I do not believe "evil is meant for good by God".

    I believe evil is the fruit of human sins and the more sinful the whole population of a nation becomes --- the more evil they will reap (just as individuals do).

    I do know that God always "makes good come out of evil" which means His redeemed children end up with a testimony to share with others.
    Nona Alliene

    ReplyDelete